Independently responsible for range of accounting responsibilities as well as function as a subject matter expert in financial technologies to ensure effective utilization of technology to meet department and business needs.
- Complete assigned aspects of accounting for designated entities. Effectively and accurately enter accounting transactions in complex organizational/partnership structures.
- Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements for investors, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Record closing journal entries; coordinate monthly financial closing and analyze accounts for reasonableness.
- Analyze complex contracts for accounting requirements and ensure accounting entries and reports are compliant with applicable contracts.
- Compare performance with operating plans and standards. Provide reports and interpret the results of operations to the Project Accounting Manager and Controller.
- Analyze accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to defined standards.
- Initiate analysis of accounting systems and recommend or implement changes to systems to increase efficiency of the accounting department. Evaluate and recommend process, procedure, or system improvements.
- Work on significant and unique assignments of diverse and complex scope, developing solutions which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation as well as independent judgment to accomplish business objectives. Work involves a high degree of technical understanding and analysis of systems and processes for judgment and decision-making purposes.
- Analyze, initiate and recommend or implement best practices and procedures in the accounting department. Evaluate and implement process and/or automation improvements.
- Provide leadership and guidance on projects involving financial technologies. Utilize knowledge of financial technologies to design and maintain accounting systems and offer technical support to users.
- Make appropriate changes to the financial system in place to maximize efficiencies
- Train staff on the use of financial systems and acts as a liaison to the information technology department.
- Resolve moderate to complex problems independently; escalate highly-complex situations to Controller or Director of Finance. Function independently in evaluating alternatives, conducting analysis, and making recommendations/decisions in alignment to regulatory requirements and project-specific business needs.
- Coordinate with internal departments to compile financial data to satisfy consolidation reporting requirements.
- Support and/or monitor internal control systems to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements.
- Ensure a high level of communication of financial information to Controller well as external customers.
- Ensure work product complies with in-house standards, GAAP, best practices, and any other applicable regulatory standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (CPA or CPA candidate preferred)
- 2+ years related experience as well as intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
- Strong understanding of financial technologies and experience evaluating and improving system use to meet business/financial needs
- Outstanding verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookup and pivot tables without training
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong planning, organizational, and complex problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter with effective judgment, discretion, and professionalism
- Ability to work with numerous accounts at once
- Ability to accurately account for transactions by reviewing contract language
- Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes
- Recommend tax strategies that align with the business goals
- Be an entrepreneurial individual who can work independently to identify problems, investigate causes, and determine solutions
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines or projects
- Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships
- Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.