Renewable Policy & Development Manager
Provide energy policy expertise and guidance organization-wide on its resulting impacts on development strategy and initiatives. Originate new project development opportunities in the US utility-scale solar market, including leading development work that is policy dependent.
- Function as the organizations expert on energy policy at both state and federal levels. Evaluate renewable energy policy issues nationwide and provide guidance on energy policy and its resulting impacts on development strategy and initiatives.
- Research and analyze complex policy matters in the energy sector in order to assess business implications, strategically and tactically, and in regard to current and future/proposed policy and legislation.
- Assist in development of strategy for future Greenfield Development, such as identifying future markets to develop solar projects and development strategies within identified markets.
- Conduct outreach efforts and interface with broad range of external stakeholders, such as land owners, policy makers, government officials, utilities, etc.
- Originate new project development opportunities in the US utility-scale solar market, including leading development work that is policy dependent.
- Navigate multi-faceted renewable energy projects involving wide range of implications such as legal, contractual, policy, government, environmental, etc. Conduct due diligence on projects and assist in deal structuring and negotiations in order to close viable projects.
- Assist in negotiating with high-profile landowners and sophisticated or complex initiatives and coordinate with land team on land development strategy.
- Assist in negotiating Power Purchase Agreements with potential customers.
- Coordinate with engineering and development teams to continue development of projects beyond early-stage project development.
- Analyze energy policy, business issues, and industry data in order to innovatively problem solve and recommend solutions in the area of solar development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent; Master's degree preferred
- 8+ years relevant, increasingly responsible experience; energy industry preferred
- Exceptional knowledge of energy policy and regulations (state and/or federal)
- Proven history of exceeding business development expectations
- Experience developing energy projects in multiple markets preferred
- Technical knowledge in energy, familiarity with solar and storage technologies, and knowledge of US power markets
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong project management expertise to include complex projects
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines or projects
- Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships
- Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment. Travel up to 50% of the time
- Ability to work in office setting; primarily sedentary; use of normal office machines
- Availability to work additional hours or weekends as projects demand
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.