Regulatory Compliance Manager
Develop, administer, and maintain compliance program designed to meet the generator owner requirements of NERC and related regulatory entities for growing portfolio of photovoltaic power plants.
• Work collaboratively with project stakeholders and 3rd party subject matter experts on all activities related to renewable energy NERC requirements and foster a culture of compliance across the organization.
• Evaluate and interpret NERC reliability standards and related regulatory regimes and communicate compliance obligations of PV power plant owners to plant O&M providers, operating teams, senior managers, and projects owners and investors.
• Structure and maintain applicable compliance related standard operating procedures, catalogs, emails, and other evidence files.
• Evaluate offerings of, contract with, and evaluate performance of third-party vendors providing regulatory advisory services and engineering services in support of regulatory compliance programs to ensure compliance obligations are met on attractive commercial terms.
• Develop and maintain annual compliance budgets for power plants.
• Provide input to contract development with O&M providers and EPC providers to streamline gathering of compliance evidence.
• Identify and ensure compliance with all regulatory filing and reporting obligations.
• Register new plants with NERC.
• Coordinate across the organization and with a variety of stakeholders (utilities, offtakers, financial partners, etc.) to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Support the project development team as needed on regulatory related issues and budget analysis for development pipeline projects.
• Lead response to any Regional Entity and related NERC compliance audits, self-certifications, spot-checks, and data requests ensuring accurate, professional responses are submitted when due.
• Train relevant stakeholders in support of compliance program.
• Conduct gap analyses and mock audits to ensure compliance programs are audit ready at all times.
• Develop and maintain positive, constructive relationships with all stakeholders.
• Occasional travel to project sites and possible industry forums.
• Other related duties as assigned.
*Position may include additional functions not listed
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience with generation plants, preferably solar plants
• 5 years’ regulatory compliance experience with NERC Reliability Standards
• 2+ years’ demonstrable experience managing overall NERC compliance programs
• Strong independent, interpretation and quantitative skills required with the capability to track evolving regulatory regimes and understand and communicate how exiting and expected compliance obligations impact plant operations and financial results
• Demonstrated familiarity with:
• NERC Reliability Standards
• Power plant design and electrical drawings
• Power plant technical data
• Power plant engineering studies
• Power plant physical security
• Power plant cyber security
• Excellent writing and critical thinking skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Knowledge of electric utility system operations and electricity market structures
• Prior power plant regulatory experience required
• Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships, both internally and with external project stakeholders
• Problem solving skills, ability to work through complex problems
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, with previous spreadsheet/database experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, relationship building skills, and the ability and desire to work with others to achieve common goals
• Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines and projects
• Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
Physical & Other Requirements:
• Ability to work in office setting; primarily sedentary; use of normal office machines
• Availability to work additional hours or weekends as projects demand
• Occasional work-related travel
*The functions described herein are not the only responsibilities and tasks to be performed by the individual occupying this position. The individual will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as required by his/her supervisor or manager. Requirements stated herein are minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities to qualify for this position. To perform the responsibilities of this position successfully, the individual will possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. “Ability” means to possess and apply both knowledge and skill.
This job description includes the essential functions of the job that an incumbent must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The organization maintains “at will” employment. This job description is subject to review, and may be revised or updated at management’s discretion.
Clēnera offers a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer