Construction Project Manager
Plan, execute, control, and close on renewable energy construction projects by breaking down project requirements into manageable, executable action items and driving them to completion. We are looking for an experienced project manager who can be ready to jump into a new role on multiple existing projects with upcoming construction dates. If you love managing large projects and have experience with commercial construction, we’d love to hear from you!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Position may include additional functions not listed.)
• Develop, execute, monitor the key constraints of the project—scope, cost and time.
• Ensure construction projects are completed according to requirements, timelines, budgets, and quality standards.
• Scope includes all aspects, start-to-finish project management responsibilities for either sub-sections of a large project or an entire small/mid-sized project(s).
• Responsible for proactive PM role, partnering both internally and externally to ensure quality and timeliness of project(s).
• Research and collaborate on potential development opportunities through feasibility studies, site walks, shade studies, technology, PVSYS, and related analysis.
• Responsible for project planning and preparation, to include diligence processes, permitting and fee management, estimating costs, organizing data/document for development proposals, and assisting in document preparation as well as design phase.
• Full lifecycle project execution to include management of the overall project, vendors, stakeholders, field operations, and safety.
• Maintain effective communication with all project team members, as well as ensure appropriate level of information sharing and involvement with senior leadership.
• Oversee support logistics and contract management of owner supplied equipment.
• Oversee subcontract management and scope development as well as implement QA/QC processes with onsite construction managers.
• Assist senior leadership in developing internal processes throughout the project lifecycle for managing projects, risk analysis, and controlling risks.
• Process project-related documentation; POs, RFIs, FRPs, LOIs, NTPs, BOMs, Notices, Certificates etc.
• Complete project updates, budgets, and financial reports. Approve project payables and receivables. Prepare reports for project status and financial updates.
• Responsible for project construction through commissioning, project close out, and hand off to operations.
• Utilize MS Project or other support software for project management; monitor and maintain project schedule; track open items and risk assessment.
• Foster positive Owner relations with utilities and governmental agency alliances.
• Utilize a hands-on approach in developing project reliability and mitigating operational and warranty issues.
• Complete project closeout documentation.
• Travel to project sites as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Required knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering or related field or equivalent (additional certifications considered: OSHA, PMP)
• 5+years’ construction project management experience required; commercial construction experience preferred
• Renewable energy/solar experience a plus
• Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
• Proficient at budgets/financials, procurement, and cost control skills
• Proficient in MS Project, including critical path
• High degree of self-initiative, follow-through and problem-solving abilities
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines or projects
• Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships
• Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
PHYSICAL& OTHER REQUIREMENTS:(physical, environmental, travel, etc.)
• Ability to work in office setting; primarily sedentary; use of normal office machines
• Availability to work additional hours or weekends as projects demand
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
• Ability to stand, walk for extended periods of time while on project sites of various terrain/weather conditions on active construction sites.
Location: Ideally, we would like to have this person located in the Boise, Idaho area: approximately 25% onsite/75% remote. Willing to consider 100% remote outside of Idaho for experienced candidates, particularly in the Midwest/Eastern regions.
Clēnera offers a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Responsibilities and qualifications listed are not all inclusive.
Please apply on Workable or follow instructions below: