Land Manager (Remote)
Perform land acquisition responsibilities primarily focused on identification of agricultural land and relationships with landowners.
Remote: This position can be located in Boise, ID with a hybrid work style or fully remote out of the greater Midwest region. Open to remote applicants from: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Position may include additional functions not listed)
• Develop relationships of trust with landowners through phone and written communication.
• Assist with the internal review process of parcels.
• Perform wide range of land acquisition responsibilities for both greenfield development and acquisition purposes including analyzing the viability of raw land for solar.
• Educate landowners on company interest in leasing land and our process of developing a parcel into a solar facility.
• Develop and maintain professional network for evaluation of land in new markets.
• Document all pertinent communications with landowners in database system and organize all information using prescribed organizational methods.
• Negotiate with the landowner to obtain a lease or purchase option on their property.
• Research and document leases, rights-of-way, joint ventures and other solar agreements.
• Coordinate with local, county, state and federal officials and direct in-house title in gathering, analyzing title reports, surveys, environmental studies, geo-tech studies, topography and land use permitting, reviewing easements and right of ways.
• Coordinate with legal counsel and contracts department to complete lease and purchase documents.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Required knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• 5+ years’ related experience
• Expertise in bare land greenfield development
• Experience negotiating contracts and contract compliance
• Working knowledge of Tax Maps, topo maps and property deeds
• Preferred skills: familiarity/knowledge of general land parcels and agricultural land development, GIS knowledge, experience with negotiating contracts, phone sales, working knowledge of chain of title programs
• Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines or projects
• Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships
• Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS (physical, environmental, travel, etc.)
• Ability to work in office setting; primarily sedentary; use of normal office machines
• Availability to work additional hours or weekends as projects demand
Clēnera offers a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Responsibilities and qualifications listed are not all inclusive.
Please apply on Workable or follow instructions below: