The IT Manager fulfills a hands-on, leadership role with responsibility for both strategic and tactical operations of organization-wide information technology functions as well as team members.
• Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing the allocation of resources. Determine the goals of IT in alignment with business objectives and provide necessary technical leadership and project management.
• Develop and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices, to include architecture, security, disaster recovery, and regulatory compliance and related standards.
• Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
• Operationalize a security and privacy control framework based on applicable regulatory controls and other privacy/security authorities. Establish controls to support security and privacy policies and best practices. Lead and direct security projects including internal and external security risk assessments as well as assess security threats and vulnerabilities in order to determine appropriate avoidance and mitigation strategies.
• Ensure appropriate security policy and protocols of IT systems to ensure security of data, network access, and backup systems. Ensure IT practices protect company information, mitigate risk, prevent cyber threats, and monitor/resolve any security concerns or breaches.
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
• Plan, coordinate, and oversee IT-related activities as well as provide guidance and support for daily operational activities. Oversee delivery of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
• Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and systems. Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software and ensure appropriate functionality and effectiveness.
• Ensure compliance to regulatory or other applicable contractual or related requirements.
• Manage employees of the IT department and responsible for leadership responsibilities such as hiring, coaching/development, and performance management.
• Negotiate, administer, and ensure compliance of vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Manage department financials, including purchasing and budget review. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives. Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, equipment, cloud storage, and servers.
• Evaluate internal and outsourced alternatives for large data management and oversee such work to ensure business needs are met, integrity of data, and risk mitigation.
• Keep current with the latest technologies, assess applicability, and recommend alternatives applicable for the organization.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; Master’s degree a plus
• 7+ years IT experience in progressively challenging roles and proven leadership experience
• Thorough technical background in software, hardware, network, infrastructure, and communication systems (both PC and Apple based environments preferred)
• Proven capability of computer systems, networks, wireless networks, database management, operating systems, servers, and cyber security systems
• Sound understanding of large data management preferred
• Familiarity with VoIP systems, Microsoft 365, and Ubuntu operating system
• Strong problem solving, technical analysis, and risk mitigation abilities
• Strong organizational and project management skills as well as keen attention to detail
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines or projects
• Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships
• Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
Clēnera offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Clenera pays 100% of employee and dependent premiums for a suite of coverages
- HSA and FSA plans available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- Incentive Pay Plan
- Gym Membership
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Responsibilities and qualifications listed are not all inclusive.
Please apply on Workable or follow instructions below: