Under management direction, performs responsibilities in support of development-related activities of utility scale solar projects.
• Responsible for supporting development-related activities of utility scale solar projects, including coordinating cross-functionally (internal and external) in various functional areas during the project’s development lifecycle. Fulfill support activities specific to real estate, title, interconnection, environmental and permitting.
• For example, review title documentation; review permitting requirements and facilitate the permit process; extract and understand or escalate the need for mitigation measures for permitting and environmental requirements; coordinate tasks with environmental consultants; ensure deadlines and requirements are met; and related responsibilities.
• Support project due diligence and assist with risk analysis to business development and origination teams on potential project acquisition opportunities.
• Interact with local, state and federal permitting agencies and taxing jurisdictions.
• Assist with relationship management of key stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle, including landowners, permitting agencies, utilities and regulatory authorities.
• Support and fulfill tasks in alignment with established development budgets and schedules.
• Coordinate with legal departments in reviewing land agreements (lease and purchase agreements, easements), title due diligence, and consultant services agreements.
• Assist with permit compliance (during the development and construction phases only), including compliance with all conditions of approval, mitigation, and avoidance measures.
• Provide support and task completion for business development team in an effort to assist in responding to RFP solicitations.
• Handles routine responsibilities, decisions, problem resolution. Refers complex situations to management and/or receives guidance on handling.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or industry equivalent
• 2+ years of industry-related or transferable experience
• Experience in permitting, environmental or real estate development fields
• Ability to manage multiple projects through the development lifecycle
• Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Prefer experience ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines or projects
• Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships
• Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
Physical & Other Requirements:
• Ability to work in office setting; primarily sedentary; use of normal office machines
• Availability to work additional hours or weekends as projects demand
Clēnera offers a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer