Contract Administrator / Paralegal
This role will be responsible for full cycle of contract development and processing of the organizations construction projects. The position reports to the General Counsel and works regularly with the Vice President of Operations
- Responsible for full cycle of contract development and processing of the organization's construction projects. Serve as a leader in overseeing the completion of contract related projects
- Manage large volume of complex documentation in support of business transactions, such as M&A, real estate and tax equity transactions, to include business processing, shared data rooms, acquisitions, compliance, negotiation, and contract preparation.
- Collaborate with attorneys, agency representatives, consultants, and vendors to negotiate, develop, and finalize contracts and agreements
- Review and analyze complex project documents for compliance and alignment to company policies and applicable regulatory requirements
- Work on significant and unique assignments of diverse and complex scope, developing solutions which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation as well as independent judgment to accomplish business objectives. Work involves a high degree of interpretation and analysis of unique data for judgment and decision-making purpose
- Coordinate, develop, and prepare contracts for legal approval, including researching contract key elements and modifying language as appropriate
- Produce documentation, such as contracts, agreements, modification task/delivery orders, solicitations, special contract provisions, certifications, and correspondence.
- Upload, maintain, and monitor contract deliverables and requirements
- Ensure all work product is accurate, thorough, and has appropriate grammar and format accuracy
- Review construction, management, vendor, procurement contracts as well as work orders and purchase agreements
- Evaluate and prepare responses for investors
- Ensure confidentiality as well as analyze and mitigate risk
- Collaborate with colleagues, outside parties, and other stakeholders to obtain project documentation and/or coordinate issue resolution
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in legal or construction management field
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to evaluate and develop complex contracts
- Prefer familiarity with electronic data rooms as well as with QuickBase or another documentation management system
- Experience ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements as well as the ability to analyze/evaluate contract terms/conditions as compared to business objectives
- Exceptional problem-solving ability and analytical skills; effective judgement based on understanding of regulatory and business requirements
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Notary a plus
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines or projects
- Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships
- Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.