Construction Project Manager
Plan, execute, control, and close on renewable energy construction projects by breaking down project requirements into manageable, executable action items and driving them to completion.
• Develop, execute, monitor the key constraints of the project—scope, cost and time.
• Ensure construction projects are completed according to requirements, timelines, budgets, and quality standards.
• Scope includes all aspects, start-to-finish project management responsibilities for either sub-sections of a large project or an entire small/mid-sized project(s).
• Responsible for proactive PM role, partnering both internally and externally to ensure quality and timeliness of project(s).
• Research and collaborate on potential development opportunities through feasibility studies, site walks, shade studies, technology, PVSYS, and related analysis.
• Responsible for project planning and preparation, to include diligence processes, permitting and fee management, estimating costs, organizing data/document for development proposals, and assisting in document preparation as well as design phase.
• Full lifecycle project execution to include management of the overall project, vendors, stakeholders, field operations, and safety.
• Maintain effective communication with all project team members, as well as ensure appropriate level of information sharing and involvement with senior leadership.
• Oversee support logistics and contract management of owner supplied equipment.
• Oversee subcontract management and scope development as well as implement QA/QC processes with onsite construction managers.
• Assist senior leadership in developing internal processes throughout the project lifecycle for managing projects, risk analysis, and controlling risks.
• Process project-related documentation; POs, RFIs, FRPs, LOIs, NTPs, BOMs, Notices, Certificates etc.
• Complete project updates, budgets, and financial reports. Approve project payables and receivables. Prepare reports for project status and financial updates.
• Responsible for project construction through commissioning, project close out, and hand off to operations.
• Utilize MS Project or other support software for project management; monitor and maintain project schedule; track open items and risk assessment.
• Foster positive Owner relations with utilities and governmental agency alliances.
• Utilize a hands-on approach in developing project reliability and mitigating operational and warranty issues.
• Complete project closeout documentation.
• Travel to project sites as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent
• 4 years’ construction project management experience
• Renewable energy/solar construction project experience preferred
• Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
• Proficient at budgets/financials, procurement, and cost control skills
• Proficient in MS Project, including critical path
• High degree of self-initiative, follow-through and problem-solving abilities
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines or projects
• Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships
• Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
Physical & Other Requirements:
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
• Ability to stand, walk for extended periods of time while on project sites of various terrain/weather conditions on active construction sites.
Clēnera offers a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more.