Accountant/Sr. Accountant (CPA)
Contribute to effective accounting practices and resulting financial reporting for rapidly growing organization with complex organizational, partnership structures.
- Perform general accounting responsibilities for designated entities of Clenera. Accurately enter accounting transactions in complex organizational/partnership structures.
- Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities. Record closing journal entries; coordinate monthly financial closing, and analyze accounts for reasonableness.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements for investors, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Analyze accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to defined standards. Support and/or monitor internal control systems to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements.
- Analyze complex contracts for accounting requirements and ensure accounting entries and reports agree with applicable contracts.
- Compare performance with operating plans and standards. Provide reports and interpret the results of operations to the Project Accounting Manager and Controller.
- Perform position-specific responsibilities for accounting and period close in a timely and accurate manner. May include tasks such as: manage and assist Project Accounting Managers with project, Holdco, and consolidation; prepare financials including ME and CF Statements; revenue recognition and entries; acquisition accounting framework; distributions and improve distribution database in QuickBase; calculate/review HLBV calculations and HLBV review to the quarterly accounting and period close list; LC schedule/calculations (including security).
- Coordinate with internal departments to compile financial data to satisfy consolidation reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, in-house standards, and best practices. Ensure work product complies with company procedures, GAAP, and any other applicable regulatory standards.
- Assess accounting systems and recommend changes to increase efficiency; may include evaluating and recommending process, procedure, or system improvements.
- Assist tax accountant with preparation and review of federal, state, and local tax compliance and/or quarterly review of HLBV entries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA required
2+ years public accounting experience
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards and ability to gain experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
- Ability to learn/understand and account for complex organizational/partnership structures (consolidations, eliminations, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills, including ability to work with lookup and pivot tables without training
- Intermediate planning, organizational, and complex problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with numerous accounts and entities at once
- Ability to accurately account for transactions by reviewing contract language
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail as well as effective judgment and decision making
- Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines or projects
- Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships
- Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
Clēnera offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Clenera pays 100% of employee and dependent premiums for a suite of coverages
- HSA and FSA plans available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- Incentive Pay Plan
- Gym Membership
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Responsibilities and qualifications listed are not all inclusive.
Please apply on Workable or follow instructions below: